FINAL SELF-PORTRAIT TRIPTYCH (& IMAGES)


the invisible lower half represents how people sometimes don't see all of me, and looking away from the camera shows that I don't care what they think
sitting over the lake in the raid represents sadness and sorrow, and looking away from the camera into the distance represents thought
The clones represent the journey of life, the distance represents that it can be hard to see your future, and the different cloths represents how every new day is different.

Artist statment
Backward-Looking:
4. Overall I have gotten a lot better at using my camera and knowing how to take the best picture possible.
5. I still think that I am not even close to mastering how to use my camera, so getting better at using it will help me in the long run

Inward-Looking
12. My only standards for most of my work is to have it be in nature, I usually don't like any of my indoor pictures.
17. Most of my views on photography have stayed the same, but like I said I noticed that most of my indoor pictures where not as appealing to me so I stopped taking them.

Outward-Looking
21.I tried to do my work different from others, and this piece especially... the clones and getting in the rain where two things that i didn't want to do but it was worth it by how the picture turned out.
25. In a digital photo one class I feel like this work does go above and beyond expectations and if i were grading it i would give it full credit, although there are many thing that could be improved for higher classes.

Forward-Looking
31&39. Like i said earlier I still have a lot more to learn about my camera and getting some extra help with that would really benefit me in the long run.


Comments